Tuesday, January 15, 2008

When you know you are late...



To Praveen,

SUB: When you know you are late...

For about seven years, I have felt the presence in every single activity...
perfect, exhaustive, crystal-clear, exploratory, unique, outside the box.. the list goes on. The belief was that the only end could be when you know you have exhausted all the vocabulary, but the end did arrive and in a rather unpleasant way.
On a Sunday morning I wake up only to learn that the end has come, much to the disbelief and shock of thousands of other devotees. It didn't take me too long to realize that I was late. I was late in realizing that I had thrown away chances that came my way, I was late in realizing that I could never buy back those invaluable minutes, I was late in realizing that I was wrong all the way...

The memories of my first Google Search, my first Olympiad paper, my success, my stupidest doubts, my favorite book, racks over flooded with books, the television, the white board.. many many of them... I thought they were all mine. Only after the source departed, I realized that they were never mine. They were bestowed over me along with thousands of others. But alas, I could only see all these diffusing into air in a flash and there was nothing I could do.. may be clinch my fists in desperation and cry over helplessness.

When you know you are late... when you know you can't get back these valuables... all that you can do is learn. Learn to be alert, learn to live for people, learn to utilize every opportunity that comes your way, learn to take the initiative, learn to keep learning... after all, "the best" you had did teach you this before anyone else..

Yourself
buddi

No comments:

Post a Comment