Sunday, December 7, 2008

A piece from a poet

Courtesy: Internet

A piece from a poet


I had been writing for long now,
the idea of stopping not around,
pretty interesting so far,
riding on someone's glory, an easy work...

I enjoyed being called a poet
I lived every bit of it
but as it hits me now,
what is there, that was truly mine?

Loads of improper phrases thrown around
lines which were far from complete
reading in between never being possible
every bit I claimed that just falls off

But there is beauty in what I write
I agree gladly when someone says that
they are right, there is beauty
not in those broken lines!

There is beauty in the inspiration
there is beauty in the soul,
the ones that keep it 'a piece'
the ones about whom I write

All I write has never been mine
all of it just a stack full of views
and I still wait for 'my best'
the pen moves ahead.

A long distance to go yet,
before I reach 'my best',
'my best' that defines my quest -
'a piece' that has everything I want to write,
something so complete,
that I would have nothing left to write again

That I would call would be
the 'true piece' from this poet
and I know you wouldn't leave it so simple!!
Yet, the pen moves ahead
and the search continues...

--buddi
0721
19 - 09 - 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment