Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The English 2nd Unit Test...


Just another act of Friendship... but it went the wrong way...
3. The English 2nd Unit Test...

RIBBIN - fair complexion with a few extra pounds of body fat and many extra tonnes of friendliness...Once he borrowed a pencil (new one) from me... by the time he returned it, at the end of the period... it was hardly 2 inches long... I knew I was going to have a tough questionnaire on this at home, I laughed over my helplessness and this guy cut a sorry face for me... it all began there... we went on to become very close friends (until he left the school)... When our teacher asked some one to help him in his acads, I volunteered to sit beside him and help him... we ate together, wrote notes together, played together...

ENGLISH TEACHER - sorry to say but I don't remember her full name... she was new to the school... was our class teacher... part of her name was "chakrabarthy" according to her... I argued a lot over this with my parents that it was a 'b' not a 'v' in her name... she was very very friendly... I used to help her in totalling the marks for the report cards, the moment I finished mine she used to write rank 1 beside that (before finishing totalling others..). she used a "HERO" pen with red ink... one of the first ink pens I ever saw, I was so impressed that I decided that I would only write with an ink pen... in fact I stuck to my decision for over 2 years, even today I have a modest collection of about 15 ink pens... just a bit lazy to fill the ink frequently...

AKANSHA PRAKASH - plays the traitor (sorry for that!!)... she joined in 2nd or 3rd... she was good, friendly (not bad at least..).. her name was under research in our class, why does part of her name match with the tube light brand 'Prakash Surya'... ?? If my memory doesn't cheat me... she was using 'APSARA executive' pencil through out (which no one else used..).. she had a scissor which cut paper in some design and a sketch pen set which was different from everyone elses...

Class 3... 2nd bench... English 2nd Unit Test... no seating arrangement..

20min into the exam... Ribbin asked for some help and I didn't hesitate... in fact before flipping pages I confirmed from him that he had finished... After the exam, I was very excited that I had helped a friend, then I did the mistake (??)... I told Akansha about the whole thing... and she promised me that she won't tell anybody about this...

A couple of days later, the teacher asked me if I had helped him... the answer was a stubborn 'NO'... but Akansha testified that I had helped that guy and that I asked her not to tell anyone... I stuck to my answer... meanwhile she called up Ribbin and made him write the exam again... he only managed 3 marks against 19 he got, with the same question paper... I felt terrible... I thought I was going to get a beating... It didn't happen...

after that day... it took me around 7 years to get back to those habits... this time at receiving end (Vijay was the one helping me in a Hindi exam...)...

well I feel I did a mistake... you are not always helping your friend... sometimes you cheat him tooo..

today I have no idea where Ribbin is.. neither do I have any idea about that teacher... I hardly talked to Akansha after she moved to another section in 6th... thanks to her, she sent me a scrap a few days back...

people come into your life, people move out... but only a few leave these everlasting impressions... they leave these MOMENTS OF YOUR LIFE for you to look back to, for you to relish them... All this is just an attempt to keep at least a few of those intact...

thanks to Ribbin, Akansha and the teacher...

--buddi

4 comments:

  1. quite an interesting post...reminds me of my schooldays...try to make your iit life also this memorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hii praveen..
    looks like u've not forgotten even a single detail..well the teacher u're talking about is MANDIRA CHAKRABORTY well even I remember her pretty well especially for d pens she gave us on the last day of that academic year...well that was the first pen of my life!!

    ReplyDelete