Saturday, February 2, 2008

They do...




They make me live
They make me wait for death
They show reason in survival
They show the nearing end

They keep haunting me
they keep encouraging me
they keep me occupied
they make me jobless
they make me think
they make me run away
they make me love
they make me hate
they make me proud
they make me ashamed

they made what I am
they make what I will be
they made what was
they make what is coming

what are they?

Memories... Memories make you what you are...
But why do I need them?

may be to remind me of the innumerable promises I made to myself and people around me, to remind me of the many relishing moments I had, to remind me of the bitter incidents in life...

After referring to them countless number of times and after many many sleepless nights thinking of my accomplishments and my failures, it is back to the same old story - What next?

It is easy to be acting as the careless guy but I am sure everyone has the other side, the part which truly speaks for them. It is this part of us that allows ourselves to look into a mirror and shows what we really are. But my part of story leads me nowhere...

A few accomplishments set the pace for the rest of my life, but much to my dissatisfaction... sometimes expectations overtake your real capabilities and you lose your identity some where in the race to be one among the crowd. Very few of my mentors ever realised that I am interested in something else, I like doing things differently (may not be the best), I do things at my own pace and what not...

My "incompetence" and "lack of commitment" have shown up again yesterday... failure to live up to the deadlines which I have agreed upon... but do they really mean that... may be / may not be... I have my own reasons for being late... there are things which I would have done better given more time, all that I need is interest...

Sometimes memories haunt me... I lost count of the incidents in which I had to confess my mistakes. Even today I don't have the courage to go and accept my fault. These are the things that make me feel ashamed and long for my end. I know it is not very far away... may the remaining days bring in some "life" in to my story...

Lots to write but this is not the place I want to do that...

--buddi
0521
02 - 02 - 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment