Monday, December 28, 2009

Movies and Careers

Movies play a big role in our lives. They make us think beyond the known, they uncover truths, they inspire us, they entertain us - They shape the way we look at things. But I feel that it is sad to believe the are 'the way'. They are never larger than life.

Recently, I have been to a movie which had a character that was close to mine... the clash between career interests and parents' opinions! Then flies a comment that I would make my parents sit and watch that movie... to explain to them that I would like to do something else (What was so nice of them was that they were thinking about this when the movie was going on!). That was one of the most shocking comments I have ever heard. May be I was and am over-reacting but that's the way it is.

What I couldn't figure out was - why I would need a movie to tell my parents that I love something. I love nuclear physics , cardiology, neuroscience, robotics, rural development and many more but I never got interested in them after reading a book or watching a video. I started loving them when I could contemplate something that was fascinating or something which raised lots of questions. To the best of my knowledge even my parents know that I like them (because I keep explaining them whatever new I learn). I couldn't succeed in convincing them that I can have a good career even in those fields. That is my failure!

When my love for something is true, it would definitely help me convince people around... I wouldn't convince my parents that I want to go into nuclear physics by showing them a 3hr video, I would better do a research project and show that. It is true movies give me the energy to keep going but I don't like the idea that a movie would decide a son-father relationship. My little mind can't accept it.

--buddi
0255
28 - 12 - 2009

5 comments:

  1. Hai buddi...dont knw what to write but cant stop writing after reading this...again i got the privilege to leave a comment... i was waiting for u to write sumthing..da i always tell na God has kept sumthing great for u..may be noone understands us..if God closes one window he will open several other doors for us...U can attain ur goal as long as u have the strong determination(i know u have)so be happy....ur dreams will definitely come true....noone can stop u from attaining ur goals...and please keep on writing..i know u r busy with ur work.. still..after studying maths for the whole day..swimming in the world of fourier series..ur words give lot of energy..plsss smile dear buddiiiiiiii..u have a long way to go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will not acquiesce in on it. I over polite post. Especially the title attracted me to review the whole story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genial brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I assent to but I dream the list inform should acquire more info then it has.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Before I consider this article closed.. there have been many of my close friends and relatives.. who say they could relate with another character of the same movie!! But that happened after I wrote this.. Nice of them! And the feedback wasn't to be disliked this time. :P

    ReplyDelete