Tuesday, March 18, 2008

You always have a choice

9th March 2008 at around 10.15am at Thiruvanmiyur beach, I was playing with the soft sand when I heard some one say "You always have a choice" - I just looked up to see who it was, it did remind me of the dialogue from the movie "Spider man"... but it was not just a borrowed line from a movie or part of a long conversation with a girl... it went almost unnoticed when I heard it for the first time, may be it needed a beach and a line from this beloved friend to drill into my heart...

It is not just a line with some message... Something better goes into it... it took me a long while to realise that. May be I am wrong even now but it did require some genuine effort from my side to arrive at some conclusions. They do seem to be quite obvious to me now, but I just needed some place to put them down.

"you always have a choice"... you do have a choice to read on or drop the idea!!

I once had a chance to tell my parents I wasn't interested, I once had a chance to confess that I stole money, I once had a chance to thank my friends when they celebrated my success, I once had a chance to keep up the promise I made to my favourite lecturer, I once had a chance to give my best in the last 25m to finish first in the 8 km run, I once had a chance to meet a professor right in time to publish a research paper, I once had a chance to give my best to attend INPC, I once had a chance to drop a movie to extend my last meet with my lecturer, I once had a chance... I always had a chance.

But why all these now? Just that these keep coming back as nightmares in my life... I missed those chances. I kept complaining all life, I kept blaming people all life, but I always failed to realise that I still had a choice. Sometimes I feel I was late at a few things, I took the wrong turn at a few places... but today I realised, the decision was always in my hands. And, if you fail to make the decision right, just accept the situation and one day you will realise that where ever you go, you always have something for yourself. Then it all melts down to your capability of finding out how capable you are in adapting to the situations and moving ahead and digging out your dear victories. This is a point I once made in my entry "Being at the wrong place"... but the irony is that I almost never put it to use. Just hoping that this time it isn't that bad... just hoping to follow a line made by my dear friend.

This article is dedicated to the person who inspired this thought, the person who has taught me a lot, the person I am sure has inspired a lot many more people around her... Mrudula. Thanking her...
There are lots to write about her... may be some time later.

--buddi
0245
18 - 03 - 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment